Tuesday, December 22, 2009

us: the wedding

Our wedding was incredible. It was a huge wonderful display of love. So many people in our lives came together to help make it happen. My uncle designed and built the "chuppah" that we were married under. My aunt and her husband catered and co-ordianted everything that went on. My great-aunt painted a portrait of us that we displayed at our wedding and then later gave to us as a gift. What a cool gift! I asked my mom to walk me up the aisle because she truly is my best friend and if it weren't for her we would not have had anything growing up. She made everything happen and work out; and it was entirely appropriate that she give me away. I designed our wedding invitations and also created the centerpieces and our "bird's nest" ring pillow along with Jason.
We were married at my mom's fiance's sister's gorgeous home a little outside of New Orleans. It was an outdoor ceremony in her HUGE "back yard"-if you can call it that. The reception took place there as well, but under tents. We asked another uncle of mine to read a poem that we love that nicely says how we feel. Pablo Neruda's "I Do Not Love You." The title sounds funny I know-google it. It's beautiful! We danced our first dance to Eastmountainsouth's "You Dance."
Here are a few photos from the evening! Enjoy!

\

2 comments:

  1. The wedding was the most beautiful, genuine, honest, natural, simple, heart grabbing display of true love that I have ever whitnessed between two people. I am both honored and greatful to have been apart of your bridal party. The day truly moved me. I am so lucky to be apart of your lives: past, present, and future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw Bonnie! thats so sweet!!! You added to our wedding experience! you were with us throughout it all! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete